Take 30% off with the coupon code MAKEART.
You'll also get a SparkFun sticker sheet with your order, while supplies last!
"An excellent primer on this Javaesque language for multimedia art, especially for casual or younger programmers. A quick read through the relevant chapter will have you—within minutes—visualizing data downloaded from online repositories or communicating with an Arduino microcontroller."
Processing is a free, beginner-friendly programming language designed to help non-programmers create interactive art with code.
The SparkFun Guide to Processing, the first in the SparkFun Electronics series, will show you how to craft digital artwork and even combine that artwork with hardware so that it reacts to the world around you. Start with the basics of programming and animation as you draw colorful shapes and make them bounce around the screen. Then move on to a series of hands-on, step-by-step projects that will show you how to:
- Make detailed pixel art and scale it to epic proportions
- Write a maze game and build a MaKey MaKey controller with fruit buttons
- Play, record, and sample audio to create your own soundboard
- Fetch weather data from the Web and build a custom weather dashboard
- Create visualizations that change based on sound, light, and temperature readings
With a little imagination and Processing as your paintbrush, you’ll be on your way to coding your own gallery of digital art in no time! Put on your artist’s hat, and begin your DIY journey by learning some basic programming and making your first masterpiece with The SparkFun Guide to Processing.
The code in this book is compatible with Processing 2 and Processing 3.
Next up: The Arduino Inventor's Guide!