Our industry leading benefits package includes paid company holidays + 12 days vacation; a 401k with up to a 4% match, profit sharing, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and bonus potential. And we pay all of our staff a living wage. NOTE: When applying please be sure to tell us why you would like to work with us.
The Production Editor will manage the production of at least 10 books per year. They will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, multitasking and problem-solving abilities, and knowledge of editorial procedures and the Chicago Manual of Style. They are expected to maintain a high level of care and meticulous attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Set and oversee production schedules and publication dates for assigned titles; track book budgets
- Identify and resolve schedule hold-ups; work with Production Manager to revise schedules if necessary
- Clearly communicate and guide authors through the production process; field questions promptly and professionally; escalate issues to Production Manager as needed
- Assess manuscript edits and formatting to ensure house styles are followed and template is applied properly; provide feedback for freelancers
- Evaluate and organize art files; alert authors, editorial, and art services team to potential problems
- Assist Production Manager and other Production Editors with page reviews
- Manage ebook preparation and distribution
- Adopt new technologies (e.g., production and project management software) and update internal documentation as needed
- Assist in training new production hires on processes, templates, and file organization
- Participate actively in departmental and company-wide meetings, sharing ideas and suggesting ways to improve workflow
- Minimum five (5) years book production experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain a high level of care and meticulous attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional ability to learn and solve problems independently
- Self-motivated, able to meet deadlines, take initiative
- Ability to multitask and maintain flexibility with shifting responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to give and receive clear feedback
- Demonstrated proficiency in copyediting, proofreading, editorial procedures, Chicago
Please reply to [email protected]
We're seeking a full-time, experienced Sales Manager. This is a remote position.
You will manage our sales and work with our marketing team to create plans to build sales. You will ensure that our products are positioned appropriately both internally and with our distributor, Penguin Random House Publisher Services (PRHPS).
You should be able to multitask, manage both teams and individuals, and be able to communicate effectively. You should have the creativity and experience to identify sales trends and help build marketing campaigns. You should be able to evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing sales and marketing programs, and revise as necessary.
You should be a highly-organized, adaptable, self-starter with good communications skills, able to work independently and as part of a team. You should have a passion for books, a willingness to learn about our titles, and extensive experience and knowledge of the book publishing industry, sales, and marketing.
Among your responsibilities you will:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the movement of books to customers by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Use your knowledge of markets and statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements for our books.
- Oversee sales channels and accounts handled directly by our worldwide distributor, PRHPS.
- Deliver sales presentations to the team at PRHPS and other distributors.
- Provide feedback regarding sell-in of titles and account needs.
- Implement company goals, direction, and requirements.
- Create sales materials, track sales, reach out to key accounts.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive with strong follow-up skills
- A four year college degree
- 10+ years of sales experience in the book, gift, or a related industry
Please reply to [email protected]
We're always on the lookout for excellent proofreaders, copyeditors, and indexers. If you're interested in freelance work, please email [email protected] detailing your relevant experience.