Download Chapter 4: React
Whether you’ve been in the developer kitchen for decades or are just taking the plunge to do it yourself, The Complete Developer will show you how to build and implement every component of a modern stack—from scratch.
You’ll go from a React-driven frontend to a fully fleshed-out backend with Mongoose, MongoDB, and a complete set of REST and GraphQL APIs, and back again through the whole Next.js stack.
The book’s easy-to-follow, step-by-step recipes will teach you how to build a web server with Express.js, create custom API routes, deploy applications via self-contained microservices, and add a reactive, component-based UI. You’ll leverage command line tools and full-stack frameworks to build an application whose no-effort user management rides on GitHub logins.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Simplify UI development with the React library
- Extend your application with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Manage your data with the MongoDB NoSQL database
- Use OAuth to simplify user management, authentication, and authorization
- Automate testing with Jest, test-driven development, stubs, mocks, and fakes
Whether you’re an experienced software engineer or new to DIY web development, The Complete Developer will teach you to succeed with the modern full stack. After all, control matters.