Chapter 1: Basic Concepts in Photography
Chapter 2: Digital Image Characteristics
Chapter 3: Understanding Camera Lenses
Chapter 4: Camera Types and Tripods
Chapter 5: Lens Filters
Chapter 6: Using Flash to Enhance Subject Illumination
Chapter 7: Working with Natural Light and Weather
Chapter 8: Introduction to Portrait Lighting
Chapter 9: Other Shooting Techniques
Appendix: Cleaning Camera Sensors
Learn the core concepts and techniques you need to know to take better photos, from choosing the best lens for your stylistic goals to selecting the right camera settings for different lighting conditions.
With clear explanations and highly visual examples, Sean T. McHugh takes you from basic concepts like exposure and depth of field to more advanced topics, such as how camera lenses and sensors capture light to produce images. You’ll learn not only which camera settings to use in different situations but also the reasons why.
Learn how to:
- Choose lenses that give greater control over perspective
- Minimize image noise by understanding how digital sensors work
- Get the exposure you want even in fog, mist, or haze
- Improve hand-held shots by mastering shutter speed and autofocus
- Use tripods, lens filters, and flash to enhance image capture
Whether you want to understand digital photography at a deeper level or simply want to take better photos, Understanding Photography will help you get the most out of your camera.
Take a look inside!