Order now and get early access to the PDF ebook!
(What’s Early Access?)
(Which chapters are available now?)
Get 30% off with the coupon code EARLYBIRD
In Math Adventures with Python, teacher and programmer Peter Farrell shows you how to explore core math concepts deeper than ever before by writing programs in Python. Following a crash course in general programming concepts (like loops, variables, and functions), you'll learn how to use Python's built in "turtle" graphics module, a tool that lets you draw intricate shapes using programs that repeat simple moves. Then, you'll create functions and programs to solve equations and take on other hard problems.
You'll also learn to use the Processing graphics library to create interactive 2D and 3D models of physical situations like solar systems and natural environments, using code to tackle topics like physics, biology, and ecology.
Learn how to:
- Automate repetitive arithmetic like factoring numbers and finding square roots
- Create tools like graphers and solvers that will help you explore number patterns and learn about functions and equations
- Create graphics like spirographs and harmonographs and explore matrices, vectors, and projectile motion
- Draw geometric shapes like polygons, spirals, and fractals like the Koch snowflake, Sierpinski triangle and Julia and Mandelbrot Sets
- Write fun, visual programs to find derivatives, approximate integrals and solve differential equations!
Programming gives you the power to make math more creative, interactive, approachable, and visually engaging. Whether you're struggling to understanding math and want to know what it's really used for, a math lover curious about programming, or a teacher interested in integrating programming into the classroom, Math Adventures with Python will show you how to transform math with code.