Order now and get early access to the PDF ebook!
(What's Early Access?)
(Which chapters are available now?)
Get 30% off with the coupon code EARLYBIRD
Download the code here
C++ is one of the most widely used languages for real-world software. Wherever performance matters, C++ is the de facto standard. It's the language behind operating systems, embedded devices, games, web browsers, and virtual reality systems. As a C++ developer, you can program efficient software on virtually any platform.
C++ Crash Course cuts through the weeds to get you straight to the core of C++17, the most modern revision of the ISO standard. In Part I, you'll learn about all of the essential core language features. Part II introduces you to the C++ Standard Library and Boost Libraries, where you'll learn about high-quality, fully-featured facilities immediately available to you.
You'll learn all the major features of modern C++, including:
- Fundamental types, reference types, and user-defined types
- The object lifecycle including storage duration, memory management, exceptions, call stacks, and the RAII (resource acquisition is initialization) paradigm
- Compile-time polymorphism with templates and run-time polymorphism with virtual classes
- Advanced expressions, statements, and functions
- Smart pointers, data structures, dates and times, numerics, and probability/statistics facilities
- Containers, iterators, strings, and algorithms
- Streams and files, concurrency, networking, and application development