No Starch Press was founded in 1994 and is one of the most admired and respected technical book publishing companies in the world. Our independent company continues to turn tech book publishing on its head by opening new markets and demonstrating, time and again, that geeks still love print books. We value collaboration and creativity, we’re passionate about quality, and we aim to make our readers happy. We seek people who are committed to our ideals and who value quality in everything that they do. As our founder likes to say, “We’re changing the world, one book at a time.”
We're growing rapidly. As we expand we're hiring for the following positions.
Our industry leading benefits package includes up to 15 paid company holidays + 12 days vacation; a very generous retirement plan including a 401k with up to a 4% match, additional benefits beginning with 5% of yearly salary AND profit sharing up to 5% of salary; full medical, dental, and vision insurance; a tuition assistance program; bonus potential; and a full, stocked kitchen. And we pay all of our staff a living wage.
NOTE: When applying please be sure to tell us why you would like to work with us.
Please apply through the Indeed link provided for each position.
No Starch Press, a fast-growing publisher of quality books with a track record of success for over 25 years, seeks a Marketing Coordinator. We offer a friendly work environment filled with passion, dedication, and a staff that cares.
As our Marketing Coordinator you will provide support to the marketing department. You’ll help with the coordination of marketing campaigns and play a key role in promoting titles like Python Crash Course, Python for Kids, Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, The Secret Life of Programs, and Mining Social Media. Titles that make a difference and that readers care about.
Along with helping to maintain relationships with customers and media outlets, you’ll assist with the ongoing collection and interpretation of marketing analytics to help improve sales as well as brand awareness and customer reach.
This is a great opportunity if you don’t want to be just another cog in the wheel of some giant corporation.
If you’re a self-starter with a passion for geeky things, a creative mind, and the desire to dig in, this just might be the job for you.
As our Marketing Coordinator you will:
- Assist the marketing team with the scheduling and implementation of advertising campaigns
- Monitor active marketing campaigns and develop ways to improve those campaigns
- Help to create and maintain relations between the company and customers as well as media outlets
- Carry out regular audits and updates of our website
- Carry out regular audits of our metadata against retailer sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble
- Assist in coordinating company sponsorships and conferences
- Help fulfill review copy requests
- Assist with the ordering of promotional materials
- Help oversee inventory of titles and their disbursement to conferences, authors, and reviewers
- Respond to customer and media inquiries and escalate inquiries as needed
- Help to track, record, and report on marketing activities
- Carry out regular data entry and database cleanup
- Carry out regular research and generate reports to support marketing department
- Help with the creation of marketing collateral
- Assist and manage any additional duties associated with the smooth running of the department
- Coordinate community marketing, connecting with meetup and college groups to share information about our titles
- We will train qualified candidates.
- A four-year degree
- Previous experience in marketing preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to problem-solve as needed
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work with various departments
- Familiarity with social media platforms and analytics tools
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and the Adobe Creative Suite
- An interest in publishing
Please apply through Indeed here.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, experienced Executive Personal Assistant to support our President and Founder. This is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the book publishing business.
You should have a broad knowledge of business administration as well as general HR. You should be able to work independently and efficiently. You should be extremely reliable and able to work in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
NOTE: In order to be considered for this role please be sure to tell us why you're interested in working with us!
- Manage calendar and some correspondence, draft emails and other communications
- Prepare financial and sales reports, organize purchase orders
- Arrange travel
- Manage general HR functions like new hire orientation and onboarding, compliance, and systems; answer employee questions
- Handle sensitive employee information with the utmost confidentiality and discretion
- Plan and execute company events (virtual and in-person)
- 8+ years experience as an Executive Personal Assistant or similar
- Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office or similar, and the ability to learn new tools
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resources
Please apply through Indeed here.
We’re looking for talented freelance designers to design book covers and interiors. To be considered, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected].
We're always on the lookout for excellent proofreaders, copyeditors, and indexers. If you're interested in freelance work, please send an email detailing your relevant experience to [email protected].